Childhood Ependymoma: A Fight to Win
Aydan Chapman is a 9-year old boy who has already faced and beaten a diagnosis of a malignant brain tumor five times (2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, and 2016). Aydan is currently in another battle against Childhood Ependymoma after finding out the recurrence from routine MRI in May, 2016.
As for Aydan’s prior treatments, he received proton therapy at MD Anderson in Houston TX in 2011. Aydan got another radiation known as CyberKnife early in 2015. Aydan also received chemotherapy from October 2015 to January 2016. Then they did a chemotherapy again through a clinical trial when they discovered that tumor returned in May 2015. The trial failed and currently, the parents– Kristen and Bryce are not sure what would be the best next course of action to take for Aydan. Aydan will have surgery in July to remove his tumor.
Make sure to check the most recent updates on Aydan Win Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AydanWin/ . Each diagnosis is a whole new survival game. Kristen and Bryce will do whatever it takes to keep Aydan healthy and happy but also to maintain the quality of life that he deserves.
Help Medical Bills
AYDAN HAS BEAT CHILDHOOD EPENDYMOMA FIVE TIMES. WITH YOUR SUPPORT, HE WILL WIN ONCE MORE.
AYDAN IS ALREADY A WINNER.
How to support Aydan?
Post picture or short video on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram with #aydanwins so he can enjoy them while he is recovering from the whole ordeal. Aydan is determined to win again for the 5th time! Thank you for your ongoing SUPPORT and to keep up to date, check out our Facebook page: facebook.com/aydanwin
Please come and join us support the Chapman family in their process of fighting Aydan’s ependymoma by donating to help the family cover medical and living expenses. Kristen and Bryce will be taking time off work to care for Aydan throughout his treatment and recovery. The family could use support to not only help cover their medical bills, but to help Aydan remain in high spirits by giving him the full attention from both parents, toys and good times to help him throughout his recovery.
- Aydan's smile is infectious and in his eyes you can see his huge heart and capacity to love as well as an unending enthusiasm for life. He is dearly loved.Alan & Nancy: Aydan’s Grandparents
- He is very determined. He has a wonderful sense of humor and an infectious laugh! Aydan is so full of life and I love having him as my grandson.Judy: Aydan’s Grandma
- Aydan is funny, thoughtful, strong-minded, and truly has a deep soul. He does not accept any simple answers to anything. He is very good at reading and has a wonderful way with words.Kristen: Aydan's Mother
- I have such a sweet and funny brother. I hope he wins this battle. We may fight a lot but we always love each other, no matter what.Annika: Aydan's Sister
- Aydan is inspired to become a neurosurgeon in the future because his surgeon saved his life three times. We enjoy watching movies together and I love to be his father and see him grow.Bryce: Aydan's Father